Graham Messer Industrial Auctioneers & Valuers, Project Marketers as Agents for the Vendor Stanwell Corporation Ltd, are offering for sale by Expressions of Interest, the Swanbank B Power Station – Ipswich, Queensland, Australian. The entire power station and associated infrastructure is offered for sale for removal as a total package, or parts thereof.
This is an opportunity to purchase a well constructed and well maintained power station at a fraction of the cost of a new plant.
The Swanbank B Power Station was commissioned in 1971. The power station is a coal fired power station comprising four 120MW steam turbines.
• Coal for Swanbank B comes form the coal fields of South East Queensland including the New Ackland Mine. Water is supplied from Lake Moogerah and the Western Corridor Recycled Water Project.
• Only one of Swanbank B’s four generating units remains in operation. The three remaining units have been decommissioned and dry stored for long term storage.
• The remaining generation unit at Swanbank B still operates at full capacity and the three decommissioned units were operating at full capacity prior to shut down.
• The power station has been and continues to be well maintained.
• Full service history and maintenance records are available for inspection to prospective purchases.
Swanbank B Power Station is located approximately 10km from Ipswich, South East Queensland, Australia. Ipswich is approximately 60km west of the Port of Brisbane.